Sunday, October 28, 2012

Isaiah's World- Major Players at the Time of Isaiah


 
One of the obstacles for us in understanding Isaiah is the historical players.  I have charts and maps, and the ones in the back of the LDS version of the Bible are really helpful, but it took awhile to get it all straight.  For instance there is Israel, as in all the descendants of the 12 sons of Jacob.  Then then there is the Kingdom of Israel, which was once united with the Kingdom of Judah under Kings David and Solomon. Isaiah also refers to it as Samaria.  Confusing right?  I found a really helpful article in the March New Era, with this map.  Isaiah will be referring to these "players" repeatedly from here on out, so I thought it might be helpful to have this to refer to to keep them straight.  I found it very helpful.  Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/new-era/2012/03/how-can-i-understand-isaiah?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Annette. I think something that would help me in addition is to see a timeline of Isaiah's ministry. Does CES have anything like that?

    ReplyDelete